Help to Buy Equity Loan
Kensington is supporting the Government's Help to Buy Equity Loan scheme. It aims to help both first time buyers and home movers who have deposits of at least 5% to buy a new build home.
Help to Buy Equity Loans available in England (including the London scheme) and Wales.
At Kensington our lending decisions are not made by an automated system. Individually reviewed by experienced underwriters, we are able to consider more complex circumstances that may cause applicants to fail a credit score elsewhere.
- Get a mortgage with just a 5% deposit
- Open to first time buyers or home movers on a repayment basis only, buying a new build property
- Maximum property value £600,000 in England or £300,000 in Wales
- Dedicated New Build Team and named underwriters
- Up to 5% Builders Deposit accepted
- Minimum trading period for Self Employed and Contractors only 1 year
- Failed Credit Scores accepted
- First Time Buyers or Home Movers looking to buy a New Build property
- People who have failed a credit score check
- New business owners
- Entrepreneurs whose business profits have fluctuated
- Contractors of any profession
- People with multiple sources of income such as bonus, overtime and vested shares