Are you having difficulty paying your mortgage?
If you are having trouble paying your mortgage, Kensington will try to help.
There are many reasons someone might have difficulty making their mortgage payments. If you’re in this situation or you think you may be soon, get in touch with Kensington, we’re here to try and help.
As soon as you begin to worry, please contact us. Take a look at our Contact Us page to find the best number to call to discuss your account.
We can help you to establish how much you can afford to pay towards your mortgage, but we can also try to determine the nature of your financial difficulty and make a better plan for the future of your finances.
How we can help
The sooner you talk to us the more we can help. Firstly with you in mind we can attempt to arrange a new payment plan. We will explain how it’ll work and if we can’t agree a payment plan we will tell you why and what your options may be.
The sooner we agree on a payment plan the sooner we can stop certain fees and charges.
Why it's good to talk to us if you're having difficulty with your mortgage
Our advice on how best to approach your situation could save you a lot of unnecessary anguish;
- Make sure you keep any other people paying the mortgage, and anyone guaranteeing the mortgage, up to date with what is happening.
- Consider seeking independent advice if you would like help managing your finances.
- Check whether you’re eligible for any state benefits or tax credits, which could increase your income.
- If you have a personal insurance policy, check out whether it would help with your payments.
- Check with your local authority whether you will be eligible for the Mortgage Rescue Scheme.
Costs and charges
If you are in arrears, we may charge you for reasonable administrative and legal costs. These charges may be waived if you maintain a payment plan.